Friday, May 8, 2009
Let's look at the bright side shall we?
Well, this is kind of random but I realised something...
Studying Graphic Design is not easy as it seems. Yea, people may think it's "easy-peasy" all you need to know is about the software and you're done. Well, I say It doesn't stop there.
Taking up the course for almost 4 months now I must say that, You need the brain to think and come up with a better design almost all the time. (like immediate ones that goes, bam! bam!) Something that is not labelled as "direct" "ok" or even worse, "a safe design".
What made me say all these? well, As a designer I noticed little things about me that I don't usually do back then. Like, getting inspired just by looking at some things especially my own surroundings. Looking at pictures and video clips to spark ideas and be motivated. Focusing my attention on an item and being able to generate tons of ideas. It's amazing though. I'm not bragging or anything like that just that, Never did I expect it would change me as a person being a part of the design industry no?
Lately, I had a lot of people telling me that my thinking style sets creative juices flowing. haha It's funny though. But I learned through observing and watching :) I feel happy in a way that I'm becoming even better and I guess, even more competitive. * Reminded of my goals* LOL
So anyway, designing is fun just that it requires a lot of hard work, patience *a lot of it!* and a little hint of competitiveness. It has it's pro's and con's like sleeping late, and not getting enough sleep haha like what I am going through at the moment. But it's worth it if better grades are the rewards at the end of the day. :)
Today, I didn't regret that I took the risk to divert my career from academics to art field. I am sure of my decision and I am happy with what I have at the moment.
p.s. * to those people who were trying to change or confused my mind to switch course, I say...Wait and see. I will and would shake your world with my creation. Just watch out.*
5:56 PM