Friday, April 17, 2009
So hello.. Im back.
A lot of people especially my friends from philippines have been asking me these questions..
"Why change nationality? Why change your citizenship? Don't you love the country anymore?"
So here's some of my reasons/answers to your endless questions.
- Yes I still love my country.
- I still remember who I am and where I came from.
- Why change? it's for the best I would say.
- why it's for the best? For my future.
- uh huh.. what future? Honestly, I don't see myself working in philippines.
- with the career path that I chose, I feel that I have the right to search/ move to greener pastures where I would excel better.
- I'm the type that likes to move around.
- I love seeing new places.
- I don't see myself living there (phils.) with my future family.
- Being away from the country, I don't feel that "attach".
- Im used to the fact that I have already blend in with the people overseas, I've been speaking and writing in english for so many years.
- I love singapore. it's really peaceful here.
- No corruption.
- I feel that I am secured here.
- My boyfriend is a singaporean.. ok not really a reason but yea. haha!
- I think that education here is better because they really push you to do your best.
- I have great friends here that I really love.
- Even though I am changing the status, it doesn't change much.
- It's just a status, but my whole being is still me.
- So i got nothing to lose actually.
- I can be filipino by blood
- A singaporean by nationality and in paper.
- But what matters is that, I still appreciate both countries.
- Be it for the great food, the people.. you name it no? :)
- I am still me.
- So there's nothing to worry about.
8:41 PM