Monday, August 4, 2008
I came across this article while reading the True Singapore ghost stories book 18 today, and for some reasons, I find it interesting how koreans are cautious about certain things as well..Guess, every race has a different outlook, beliefs on life eh? :)Anyway, This is a list, by no means exhaustive, of the most common Korean superstitions:Note: I just pick some of the few good ones, there's too many thats why :D- Many koreans believe that if you fall asleep with the electric fan on, you will die! I dont know how that belief came about but most Koreans do not take chances and install air-conditioning in their bedrooms.
- Do not give shoes to your boyfriend or girlfriend. Unless you want them to run away!
- When you lose a tooth, throw it on your rooftop for goodluck.
- If you dream of a pig, its good luck. but if you dream of a dog, dont step out of the house because bad luck will befall you.
- Writing someone's name in red ink is bad luck. It will cause the person to die.
- This one's Funny: Seoul National University is prestigious and everyone wants to get in.
To increase your chances for admission if you Steal the "S" from the bonnet of a Hyundai Sonata. Thus, this explains why so many Sonatas in Seoul become "ONATAS"!
Yes, the book kindda crack me up a lil..:)
8:16 PM